Senior Director of Operations, Duolingo English Test
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we also offer English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test, and are bringing new subjects into the Duolingo app, where people can develop their Math and Music skills.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
The Duolingo English Test is an alternative to traditional high-stakes testing — through a Duolingo-style experience: convenient, fast, and affordable. Students interested in studying abroad can certify their English with the Duolingo English Test instead of other standardized tests like the TOEFL and IELTS. We are now accepted by 4,000+ higher education institutions worldwide. Using AI and remote proctoring, we enable students to take the test online, on-demand, anywhere in the world. If you love making a difference in education through technology, this is the place for you.
We are looking for a strategic, resourceful, and analytical leader responsible for the Duolingo English Test's operations function and strategy to help grow our business globally.
- Lead Duolingo’s efforts in scaling DET testing operations team and processes across multiple teams and locations
- Establish and implement a vision for delivering high-quality, informative testing content through efficient, large-scale processes and world-class tooling
- Co-lead and identify the resources critical for success, both in terms of people and tooling, and drive their prioritization
- Collaborate across teams and customers to efficiently deliver a high-quality test experience
- Manage a growing team of operations and customer experience professionals and leaders
- MBA from a top-tier business school, or equivalent industry experience
- 10+ years of experience working in operations in the service or credentialing industries
- Experience building and scaling teams
- Strong leadership and people management experience
- Excellent project management skills and experience leading large-scale projects
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- A desire to make the world a better place through technology
- Ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- Eight or more years of experience in a senior leadership role
- Proficiency in multiple languages
We invest in and support our Duos! This role is eligible for a robust compensation package of base salary, equity, and Duolingo’s world-class benefits. The starting base salary range for this role is, $ 142,700 - $287,000. Actual salary may vary based on level, work experience, performance, and other factors evaluated during the hiring process.
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By applying for this position your data will be processed as per the Duolingo Applicant Privacy Notice.