Client Release Engineer
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we also offer English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test, and are bringing new subjects into the Duolingo app, where people can develop their Math and Music skills.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
About our team: We’re a small yet mighty team of individuals who help Duolingo release high-quality, bug-free builds by crafting and maintaining tools, infrastructure, and processes to power our release lifecycle.
As a Release Engineer, you will help us build and release our learning app to the app stores to help our learners be on the latest and greatest features we ship as part of the weekly release cycle.
- Define, own, and standardize the learning app’s build and release metrics and processes.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product to continuously improve release readiness indicators to minimize patches/hotfixes.
- Identify infrastructure gaps. Work with internal customers to build a release infrastructure roadmap.
- Drive and execute against the defined roadmap. Be the voice for our learners and promote product quality when rolling out mobile releases.
What we’re looking for:
- Functional knowledge of one or more scripting languages.
- Experience in handling different mobile platforms.
- Familiarity with one or more client build tools (e.g., Gradle, Xcode, Fastlane).
- Experience creating automation on one or more CI/CD platforms (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab, Travis CI).
- Some familiarity with containerization runtimes (Docker, rkt).
Nice to have:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Solid knowledge of working with both Linux and Mac infrastructure.
- Experience authoring code in one of the native language clients.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Experience with SQL or no-SQL databases.
We invest in and support our Duos! This role is eligible for a robust compensation package of base salary, equity, and Duolingo’s world-class benefits. The starting base salary range for this role is, $125,300 - $226,000. Actual salary may vary based on level, work experience, performance, and other factors evaluated during the hiring process.
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By applying for this position your data will be processed as per the Duolingo Applicant Privacy Notice.