Technical Animator Intern
A portfolio is required for this role.
Application Deadline - January 8, 2024
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we also offer English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test, and are bringing new subjects into the Duolingo app, where people can develop their Math and Music skills.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
As a Technical Animator Intern, you’ll be embedded into our Art and Animation Team where you’ll craft high quality animations and solve challenging technical problems, while developing your career through hands-on learning and mentorship. We’ll provide you with support and guidance to advance your personal, professional, and technical skills as you make a real impact on our art and animation productions.
What you’ll do...
- Work independently and in small groups to complete challenging Animation projects.
- Develop your technical and artistic skills through hands-on training, workshops, and lectures from Duolingo artists.
- Receive coaching and mentorship from a Duolingo Studio Artist.
- Partner with others who share a passion for making the best education universally available.
- Contribute to our inhouse instagram
What we’re looking for…
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Animation, or related technical field with an expected graduation date of Spring 2025 (or December 2024)
- A passion for solving complex technical animation problems
- Completion of at least two college-level design courses (please upload your official or unofficial transcript).
- Experience animating in creative software such as Adobe Animate, AfterEffects, Toon Boom Harmony, or other comparable software.
- Ability to relocate to and work in Pittsburgh, PA
- Exposure to character Rigging
Why you’ll love working here…
- Language learning opportunities
- Catered in-house lunches and dinner options
- Company-wide Hackathon
- PTO and company holidays
- Frequent company-wide dinners, monthly celebrations, social clubs, and so much more!
We invest in and support our Duos! The hourly range for this internship is $39-$41.
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By applying for this position your data will be processed as per the Duolingo Applicant Privacy Notice.