Engineering Manager, Monetization
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC, English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test, and even Math.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead a team that works on making key subscription features for Duolingo Max, our highest subscription tier. You and your team will work directly with AI technologies such as LLMs to develop features like Explain-My-Answer and Lesson Coach to increase their usefulness and delight. By increasing the value of subscription features, you and your team will broaden our subscriber base of over 5 million subscribers and have direct bottom-line business impact. This work is highly visible to our subscribers and highly impactful to our business.
- Define strategies and roadmap for features for our highest subscription tier
- Shape key decisions about architecture and implementation of scalable and high quality engineering solutions
- Drive the planning, execution and success of elegant technical projects
- Lead a team of software engineers to deliver new subscription features that make a large impact on the growth of our subscriber base
- Experience in developing and leading a software engineering team and setting technical direction
- Proven track record as an effective people manager with experience in mentoring and coaching team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- Extensive experience in fast-growing, consumer-facing, data-driven companies, ideally in the domain of monetization technology
We invest in and support our Duos! This role is eligible for a robust compensation package of base salary, equity, and Duolingo’s world-class benefits. The starting base salary range for this role is, $174,900 - $335,600. Actual salary may vary based on level, work experience, performance, and other factors evaluated during the hiring process.
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By applying for this position your data will be processed as per the Duolingo Applicant Privacy Notice.