Senior Executive Assistant (Manager)
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC, English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test, and even Math.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
We are looking for an exceptional executive assistant to help define, model, and manage others toward what great C-level executive support looks like.
- Partner with 2-3 C-level executives to handle administrative work for them and their leadership teams
- Manage other executive assistants, helping define expectations and provide feedback and coaching
- Collaborate on defining executive assistant standards of excellence, career paths, goals, and collaboration mechanisms for the EA team
- Identify ways executives can use their time better, and things you can take off their plate or start on their behalf
- Handle very busy, complex executive calendars independently
- Plan polished events for executives’ teams and guests
- Conduct complex travel planning
- Provide back-up for other executive assistants
- Work on special administrative projects
- Exceptional ability to build trusting, strategic relationships with many types of people in a variety of roles, especially executive leadership
- Outstanding ability to execute reliably by solving problems proactively and prioritizing time and tasks
- Outstanding attention to detail, especially as it relates to handling calendars and written communication
- Skill and passion for managing others to reach their fullest potential
- Tech-savviness - you like to learn and work with technology
- Resilience to navigate competing priorities and constant change
- True enjoyment from helping others and building strong office culture!
- 7-10 years of experience being an executive assistant in the tech industry or fast-growing environments
- 3+ years of experience managing people
- Experience planning 10+ complex, executive-level events
- Proficiency in G-suite, Slack, Zoom, and Mac
- Ability and desire to work in a Duolingo office Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- Passion for language learning or education
- Experience collaborating with executives who are not colocated with you
- Qualification as a notary
We invest in and support our Duos! This role is eligible for a robust compensation package of base salary, equity, and Duolingo’s world-class benefits. The starting base salary range for this role is, $86,100 - $184,200. Actual salary may vary based on level, work experience, performance, and other factors evaluated during the hiring process.
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By applying for this position your data will be processed as per the Duolingo Applicant Privacy Notice.
Something looks off?