Senior Director of Product
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC, English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test, and even Math.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
You'll be the key product leader in our outstanding Monetization Area, responsible for growing revenue from our learning app. We have developed a successful business model based on subscriptions, in-app purchases, and ads without charging users for learning content — staying true to our mission.
You will set the strategy for developing features and growing our subscribers and will be responsible for driving Duolingo's revenue growth. You will own building AI-first features using generative AI for our subscription products and collaborate with world-class learning experts to create innovative learning experiences.
- Lead other product managers
- Drive strategy for a product or product area
- Drive product features through their entire creative cycle: ideation, specification, development, release, analysis, and iteration
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research to discover feature ideas and validate them before development
- Work closely with UI/UX designers to ensure an excellent user experience in our product
- Work with engineers to help guide feature development
- Perform quantitative analysis on features’ performance and find opportunities for optimization
- Be responsible for hitting the key performance indicators you are entrusted with
- Be responsible for building AI-first learning features using generative AI
- A desire to make the world a better place through technology and education
- Experience leading other product managers at a high-performing software company
- Experience generating outstanding results as a product manager
- Ability to utilize user insights, data, and statistical analyses to inform decisions
- An instinct for creating simple and intuitive user experiences
- Proven ability to learn fast
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and innovative
- Experience leading projects and teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Design, Linguistics, or related field
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Advanced degree in Business, Computer Science, Design, Psychology, or related field
- Professional experience in areas highly related to our work as product managers at Duolingo, such as software engineering, design, data analysis, language learning, or brand management.
We invest in and support our Duos! This role is eligible for a robust compensation package of base salary, equity, and Duolingo’s world-class benefits. The starting base salary range for this role is, $258,400 - Open. Actual salary may vary based on level, work experience, performance, and other factors evaluated during the hiring process.
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By applying for this position your data will be processed as per the Duolingo Applicant Privacy Notice.
Something looks off?