Regional Marketing Director, EMEA
This position is remote based in the United Kingdom.
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
Make the world’s most popular language-learning app famous in Europe!
We are seeking an experienced, creative marketing leader to help us build awareness and accelerate our growth across key EMEA markets including (but not limited to) UK, France and Germany.
You will be leading the Country Marketing teams responsible for growth and marketing across the region and identifying key opportunities, challenges, and critical levers.
As our resident expert on the region, you will demonstrate a deep understanding of the region’s market dynamics, and cultural nuances and leverage your skills including social media, influencer marketing, PR, and partnerships to drive awareness, develop business opportunities and bring new users to Duolingo.
Reporting to the Global Head of Marketing, you will partner closely with teams in Pittsburgh and around the world to come up with new, creative tactics and campaigns relevant to the consumer.
- Leverage market insights to develop a marketing and growth plan driving long-term growth and brand equity for Duolingo.
- Partner with Global Marketing to uphold our brand strategy and scale campaigns that will support our mission and brand values.
- Hire and develop teams, mobilizing them to implement the strategy while positioning them to achieve their professional development goals.
- Build an outstanding agency network to support our Marketing needs across the region for Creative, Social and PR.
- Identify and develop regional-specific growth levers with partnerships and brand/creator collaborations
- Partner with Marketing and Product teams to develop localized product messaging and positioning for features and product launches
- 12+ years of marketing and growth leadership experience having successfully delivered results driving brand awareness and growth in consumer businesses.
- Experience in conceiving, developing, and leading all aspects of Marketing, Social, and PR communication ideas throughout their full cycle with a portfolio of successful award-worthy campaigns.
- Culturally clued up and immersed in trends with an international approach showing an outstanding understanding of and passion for local nuances, and the ability to translate these into buzz-worthy campaigns
- Ambitious spirit with a track record of achieving great results with ideas rather than large budgets with a test and scale approach.
- Storyteller, with skills and the creativity to build compelling narratives
- Passion for our mission to make high-quality language learning accessible to everyone
- Experience with mobile apps and subscription services
- Proficiency in more than two languages and having both lived and worked in multiple EMEA markets are strong pluses
- Must be currently located in the United Kingdom, and willing to work remotely.
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.
Something looks off?