Senior Web Developer (Remote)
Who We Are (Mode Mobile)
Mode Mobile is the creator of EarnOS, a transformational software that turns ordinary smartphones into "EarnPhones". This innovation empowers users globally to monetize everyday mobile activities such as streaming, gaming, shopping, etc. We enable users to profit from their data and attention, rather than letting only tech giants benefit. What sets us apart is our inclusive approach - converting users into earners, facilitating over $150M in earnings and savings, while going a step further and turning earners into owners by awarding stock ownership in Mobile Mobile based on their usage. We have attracted over 40 million users across 170 countries.
Mode Mobile is proud to stand as the #1 Fastest Growing North American Software Company recognized in Deloitte's 2023 Technology Fast 500, and ranked #2 across all sectors (Deloitte Fast 500 Winners)
Our Team and Culture Drive Our Success
Our team is the heart of our culture. We value innovation, collaboration, and curiosity, with a passion for getting things done. We strive to hire and cultivate the best team member and foster a culture of open communication and transparency. We are driven and hard-working but also committed to having fun along the way. We allow OKRs to guide us, assume positive intent, sometimes agree to disagree and commit, honor our commitments, seek to accomplish more with less, and encourage everyone to speak up as our team owns our company’s success.
You can read more about our team and how we work here.
In this role, you will be instrumental in building decentralized applications (DApps) that align with our vision of a more connected and secure digital world. You will play a key role in developing blockchain solutions, smart contracts, and ensuring that our applications set the standard in the Web3 domain. This role is for an experienced, self-directed professional who thrives on autonomy.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do
- Develop, test, and deploy cross-browser compatible & user-friendly interfaces using Next.js
- Collaborate with the design team to implement intuitive front-end interfaces for DApps with a focus on mobile users
- Identify application performance bottlenecks and optimize
- Participate in peer code reviews and maintain up-to-date documentation
- Think beyond a ticket description, develop a scalable implementation strategy
- Stay abreast of the latest Web3, blockchain, and mobile app technologies trends, working closely with blockchain engineers to interact with smart contracts.
What You Bring to the Team
- 5+ years of experience developing production-grade frontend applications using Next.js
- Experience with state management libraries
- Experience building cross-browser compatible applications
- Strong problem-solving skills with excellent communication and collaborative skills within a remote team environment
- Able to take a product story and turn it into scalable technical requirements, estimate the level of effort, and assess risks
- Good to have experience with mobile app development frameworks and front-end technologies, mainly Android and Webflows
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Alignment with our core values:
- Action-driven: Identify what is most important, agree on scope, timely execute, and drive the greatest impact. You take initiative, roll up your sleeves, and get things done.
- Caring: You genuinely care about yourself and others, our business and craft, our mission and vision, and are passionate in heart and mind. You understand the importance of our team and strive to create a positive, supportive work environment.
- Curious: You focus on the ‘why,’ learn and expand your knowledge, explore new ideas, and generally make things better. You're a lifelong learner with a thirst for knowledge and a constant desire to improve.
- Thorough: Your work is thoughtful, impactful, timely, accurate, and complete. You pay attention to detail, are meticulous, and ensure quality work and compliance.
We All Share The Same Core Values
We Believe In The Following Workplace Norms
- Allow OKRs to Guide Us
- Assume Positive Intent
- Agree to Disagree & Commit
- Set New Precedents
- Accomplish More with Less
- Hold Yourself & Others to High Standards
- Speak Up
- Be Resourceful
- Follow the 80/20 Rule
What We Are Offering
- We are a 100% remote-first, global company.
- A competitive compensation package.
- We offer generous perks & benefits to team members.
- Participation in the Company's equity and token plan (for full-time team members).
- We provide individual bonuses in accordance with our Company Bonus Program.
- Work with energetic, passionate, and results-driven people.
- Celebrate team members' personal and work milestones.
- Remote social activities, including virtual coffee buddies.
- Bonus.ly - We use Bonus.ly as a way to recognize and reward team members for their hard work and commitment.
- Weekly Wednesday Get Stuff Done Days (No Meetings).
- Open PTO, generous Company Holidays, and Wellness Days (for full-time team members).
If we just described you and your perfect role, we'd love to talk with you. We have a lot to accomplish this year and look forward to making headway and creating success together!
Mode Mobile does not accept/pay fees for unsolicited resumes from third-party agencies/vendors.
Our company is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all team members.