Risk Data Analyst
Branch is on a mission to help working Americans grow financially. We do this by helping companies accelerate payments and empower working Americans with accessible, fee-free financial services. We’re committed to building and delivering more inclusive and transparent financial products.
Come join our team as we develop new ways to improve the lives of working Americans. Our mission starts with empowering our own employees. Have a great idea? Share it today and it might just get implemented tomorrow. As a team member at Branch, your voice and creativity can directly impact the product and company. We not only attract great talent from across the country, but also build teams to help that talent to thrive. That means valuing a diversity of opinions and working styles, while creating a shared belief in innovation, initiative, and winning together.
We are looking for a motivated, well organized Risk Data Analyst to help manage risk at Branch. They must enjoy pulling and analyzing data in order to tell a story and developing real-time rules/detection strategies to minimize losses. Must be adaptable, have strong analytical/technical skills, and a knowledge of Branch and the fraud trends that put our customers at risk.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify potential points of opportunity in Branch’s risk management program through the analysis of fraud events, customer behavior, operational pain points and loss trends.
- Translate analysis into recommendations for business logic to minimize losses and improve customer experience
- Create risk analytics workflow, including defining success and performance metrics, and monitor progress through the creation of actionable dashboards and reports.
- Partner closely with Product and Risk to identify highest impact points in the funnel to reduce loss exposure
- Develop scalable frameworks to manage risk scores, fraud detection alerts, and false positive monitoring
- Provide recommendations on risk controls and thresholds through fact based analysis
- 3-5 years of analyst experience with a focus on risk management
- Experience developing fraud scores and risk rules through statistical modeling
- Deep experience investigating, analyzing and defending against emerging fraud trends including ATO and first party fraud
- Experience identifying and managing card authorization rules
- Understanding and experience with financial loss causes, measures, and mitigation strategies
- Strong analytic skills utilizing SQL, Python, R, etc.
- Experience with digital banking, payments networks, or financial services
- Intellectually curious and strong ability to adapt strategies as fast as the fraudsters
- Work from anywhere (domestic USA)
- Branch-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
Working at Branch
Headquartered in Minneapolis but with employees located all throughout the US, Branch emphasizes transparency, accountability, and trust to create a collaborative environment where our product, engineering, marketing, customer support, customer success, and sales teams can all thrive together.
Our teamwork has enabled us to become an award-winning fintech company, with Branch’s innovation and workplace recognized across industries. Branch has been honored by the Webby Awards, Benzinga Fintech Awards, Fintech Breakthrough Awards, Top Workplaces USA, Great Places to Work, and EY Entrepreneur of the Year, Heartland, among others.
Learn more about our culture, approach, technology, and people here: https://www.branchapp.com/about
Branch is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.