Branch is on a mission to help working Americans grow financially. We do this by helping companies accelerate payments and empower working Americans with accessible, fee-free financial services. We’re committed to building and delivering more inclusive and transparent financial products.
Come join our team as we develop new ways to improve the lives of working Americans. Our mission starts with empowering our own employees. Have a great idea? Share it today and it might just get implemented tomorrow. As a team member at Branch, your voice and creativity can directly impact the product and company. We not only attract great talent from across the country, but also build teams to help that talent to thrive. That means valuing a diversity of opinions and working styles, while creating a shared belief in innovation, initiative, and winning together.
As a member of the Accounting team at Branch, you’ll have the opportunity to shape and grow the company and business. You will be a key player of a small team comprised of high performing accounting and finance professionals that work across departments to provide financial support to senior management and department leaders to facilitate decision making. The Payroll Administrator will be responsible for processing payroll information, reviewing and performing payroll audits, and serving as a point of contact for questions about payment policies and procedures.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Process and manage all aspects of payroll, including calculating hours, calculating deductions, processing new hires and terminations, and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and timely payroll records and reports
- Resolve payroll discrepancies and answer employee questions about payroll and benefits
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations, including tax and labor laws
- Keep up to date with changes in payroll regulations and adjust payroll systems and processes accordingly
- Assist with ad-hoc financial reporting and analysis as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is required
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in payroll administration, with experience at a high growth fintech company a plus
- Experience in a multi-state payroll environment is required
- Paylocity experience is required
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with employees about payroll and benefits
- Knowledge of federal and state labor and tax laws
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification is a plus
- Remote-first work environment (domestic US)
- Branch-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- Paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
Working at Branch
Branch is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Headquartered in Minneapolis but with employees located all throughout the US, Branch emphasizes transparency, accountability, and trust to create a collaborative environment where our product, engineering, marketing, customer support, customer success, and sales teams can all thrive together.
Our teamwork has enabled us to become an award-winning fintech company, with Branch’s innovation and workplace recognized across industries. Branch has been honored by the Webby Awards, Benzinga Fintech Awards, Fintech Breakthrough Awards, Top Workplaces USA, Great Places to Work, and EY Entrepreneur of the Year, Heartland, among others.
Learn more about our culture, approach, technology, and people here: https://www.branchapp.com/about