Director of Compliance
Branch is on a mission to help working Americans grow financially. We do this by helping companies accelerate payments and empower working Americans with accessible, fee-free financial services. We’re committed to building and delivering more inclusive and transparent financial products.
Come join our team as we develop new ways to improve the lives of working Americans. Our mission starts with empowering our own employees. Have a great idea? Share it today and it might just get implemented tomorrow. As a team member at Branch, your voice and creativity can directly impact the product and company. We not only attract great talent from across the country, but also build teams to help that talent to thrive. That means valuing a diversity of opinions and working styles, while creating a shared belief in innovation, initiative, and winning together.
We are looking for a highly experienced and motivated Director of Compliance to lead our compliance efforts. The candidate will ensure that Branch and its products and services complies with all regulatory requirements, including those imposed by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal Reserve Board (FRB), and all relevant U.S. banking regulations, as well as industry rules promulgated by Automated Clearing House (ACH), and others. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation of compliance policies and procedures, support Branch’s engagement with its regulators and oversee all business operations relating to compliance, including policies, investments, and procedures. This is a great opportunity to lead a talented team and work in the forefront of helping deliver new and innovative financial services.
- Manage the company's compliance program to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations and applicable industry rules
- Monitor changes in regulatory landscape and promptly develop risk management strategies to ensure compliance.
- Review and update the company’s policies and procedures and proactively advise management on strategies to navigate and comply with new or changed laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Manage regulatory and partner audits and provide support in developing regulatory strategy
- Coordinate with different departments to ensure company-wide compliance, including Information Technology, Security, Legal, Operations, and Customer Support.
- Lead and conduct internal audits and investigations, and manage responses to external regulatory audits.
- Track and manage corrective actions related to payments and ACH transactions.
- Provide support and guidance for escalated complaints.
- Manage employee regulatory training program covering compliance-related topics and company policies and procedures.
- Review and manage the company’s AML/BSA program.
- Respond to compliance queries from within the company with clear and practical advice.
- Participate in senior management and or board meetings to provide compliance updates.
- Bachelor's degree in Law, Business, Finance, or a related field or a JD degree
- Minimum of 7 years of experience providing financial regulatory advice, with at least 3 years in a senior leadership role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the U.S. regulatory environment, including CFPB, FRB, ACH, and U.S. banking regulations.
- Strong understanding of fintech operations and regulatory requirements.
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at all levels and effectively communicate complex regulatory principles.
- Experience working cross functionally
- Exceptional project management and organization skills.
- Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP) or similar certification is a plus.
- Remote-first work environment (domestic US)
- Branch-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- Paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
Working at Branch
Branch is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Headquartered in Minneapolis but with employees located all throughout the US, Branch emphasizes transparency, accountability, and trust to create a collaborative environment where our product, engineering, marketing, customer support, customer success, and sales teams can all thrive together.
Our teamwork has enabled us to become an award-winning fintech company, with Branch’s innovation and workplace recognized across industries. Branch has been honored by the Webby Awards, Benzinga Fintech Awards, Fintech Breakthrough Awards, Top Workplaces USA, Great Places to Work, and EY Entrepreneur of the Year, Heartland, among others.
Learn more about our culture, approach, technology, and people here: https://www.branchapp.com/about