Lead Software Developer
One of the big challenges product manufacturers face is to meet the market demand for battery-operated, always-on, always-sensing products without sacrificing sensing capabilities, maintaining reasonable battery-life, and keeping data secure and local.
Aspinity's novel and patented analog machine learning (ML) solution marks a paradigm shift in the way sensor data is analyzed for a multitude of end-user applications. Just as the brain makes sense of its multi-modal sensory input by focusing higher-order cognition on salient characteristics, Aspinity enables developers to extract "sense" from sensors before the data is even digitized, which reduces power consumption and allows the system to focus higher power compute resources on relevant information. With already established applications to voice control, sound classification, machinery monitoring, and distributed power grid monitoring, Aspinity's programmable analog processing technology is positioned to be the key abstraction layer for the physical world at a time when new user interface paradigms (touch to voice to …) and new monitoring capabilities are transforming industries. Join us as we build this new analogML framework!
Aspinity is hiring a software developer to create a development platform for a family of custom processors that will be the physical abstraction layer for Smart Homes, Industrial IoT, and Consumer Electronics products. You will define how our software ecosystem enables application developers to solve power and data challenges for these products. You will be responsible for creating a new software development kit to interact with these custom Aspinity processors. You will also be responsible for the deployment of internal and external software tools and a development environment in support of Aspinity’s efficient processor solutions.
Our ideal candidate has developed and maintained programming tools for hardware, IoT, or signal processing/data analytics applications and has architected complex production code projects.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implement a software development kit to be used with Aspinity’s custom hardware platform
- Specify and design a UI to support development of application-level software to run on the processor
- Develop and implement a comprehensive testing plan for the developer tools and SDK
- Work closely with R&D and hardware engineers to develop/integrate software algorithms, libraries, and implementation code
- Interface with customers/partners for development environment requirements, updates, and general support
- Support packaging and distribution of SDK to customers
- Successful demonstration of creating software products through definition, design, development, deployment and ongoing support
- 3+ years of experience building developer tools, SDKs/APIs, device drivers
- Proficiency in C/C++ and Python; ability to identify/use best languages for varying applications
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience working in a fast-paced collaborative environment; Able to adapt to change quickly and effectively—including prioritizing tasks
- Experience creating new language definitions is a plus, but not required
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent field of study preferred
- Located in Pittsburgh, PA (preferred)
Something looks off?