Customer Support Specialist
WHO ARE WE
The auto-part industry is a $350-500B+/year market in the US alone (primarily B2B), and still uses the telephone to transact. Additionally, over 60% of the time a Salvage Yard receives an order request, they do not have the part to complete that order and spend an excessive amount of time calling around to find that part for their customer. This inefficiency results in billions of dollars in lost sales every year.
That’s why we’re building APFusion, a B2B marketplace revolutionizing the automotive parts industry. We are building a world-class team led by Founder & CEO Alex Smith, who comes from a family of Salvage Yard operators with close to 100 years of experience. Today, with unprecedented access to inventory, Salvage Yards that use APFusion immediately increase their order fill rates and supercharge their sales operation with a single click of a button.
APFusion’s hyper-growth has garnered the excitement and support from top technology and marketplace VCs (Bedrock Capital, Left Lane Capital, M25) who have backed companies like OpenAI, Rippling, Lyft, Plaid, Cameo, Bilt, etc., and we’re just getting started.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are looking for a Customer Support Specialist to support our growing user base and be an elite problem solver for our customers. In this role, you'll be one of our first Customer Support hires, working closely with our CEO, Chief of Staff, Customer Success Team, and Product Team. This role requires being comfortable on the phones to both: resolve issues, and build relationships/trust with our customers. APFusion is a fully remote company.
- Manage inbound support from customers VIA phone (primarily) and email
- Strong ability and comfort building relationships with customers and resolving pain points via phone support
- Quickly learn and become an expert in the following: our product, our customers’ day to day, supplier product details, supplier standard operating procedures, the broader auto-part ecosystem and the various businesses that transact auto-parts
- Become the voice of the customer for the organization to help drive operational efficiency and product decisions
- Maintain detailed logs and documentation of inbound support requests to help provide visibility to customer pain points
- Strategically improve the customer support experience by proactively looking for ways to improve process efficiency
- Strong communication ability to help be the connective tissue between our customers and our suppliers when questions or issues arise
- Oversee customer accounts to ensure there are no delays on shipments, messages, return requests, or cancellations and intervene with the necessary vendor parties if such events do occur
- On occasion, be able to step in for the implementation team to help onboard and train new customers on the product
- Help create customer facing FAQs, documentation, videos and tools to help support our customers at scale
- APFusion Messenger
WHAT WE VALUE MOST
- Customer Obsessed & Product-Focused - At APFusion, our objective is to build a world-class product. A product that doesn’t just meet our customer's expectations but vastly exceeds what they ever imagined possible.
- Work-Ethic - building revolutionary companies takes hard work
- Proactive Problem Solvers - we have a flat structure & always choose action over deliberation
- Entrepreneurial mentality - this opportunity will be what you make of it, and we want you to take ownership over your work.