Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Reporting to the International Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant will be a key player in the month-end close process and daily accounting activities for the entity in Costa Rica. Responsibilities will include accounts payable, preparation of journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliation and other analyses to support financials. This is a role where the individual will be expected to work independently at times as well as ensure open communication with the team for accurate and timely month-end reporting.
What your day could consist of:
- Oversee and assess accounting entries, ensuring the accuracy and quality of financial information and transactions.
- Ensure local vendor payments are processed timely and accurately.
- Provide month-end reporting to US headquarters and assist in reviewing balance sheet and income statement variance analysis.
- Manage and prepare monthly reports in adherence to local regulations, encompassing tax and free trade zone requirements.
- Manages and oversees control systems to protect the company's assets and ensure adherence to corporate policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with external partners to ensure local payroll is processed timely and accurately.
- Ensure the timely handling of accounting requirements from banking and government entities.
- Provide support to the team in international audits, tax exploration, and special projects as required.
What is needed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred, with minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in working with organizations operating within the Free Trade Zone framework.
- Proficient in both spoken and written English communication.
- Intermediate to advanced level experience with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
- Ability to take ownership of assignments and be self-motivated.
- Must be detail oriented, well organized, and have the ability to prioritize work and be able to work accurately with numbers.
- Hybrid work availability, 2 days per week in the office is required.
For this position, a Background check is required by ActiveCampaign, therefore, by submitting your information for this position you agree to approve if required the background check
This is an exciting time to join ActiveCampaign as we build out our new office in Costa Rica. You will be a large part of developing our office culture in this new Central American hub location.
ActiveCampaign helps small teams power big businesses with the must-have platform for intelligent marketing automation. Customers from over 170 countries depend on ActiveCampaign’s mix of pre-built automations and integrations (including Facebook, Google, WordPress, Salesforce, Shopify, and Square) to power personalized marketing, transactional emails, and one-to-one CRM interactions throughout the customer lifecycle.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
ActiveCampaign holds the highest customer satisfaction rating among Marketing Automation, E-Commerce Personalization, Landing Page Builders, and CRM solutions on G2.com and is one of only a handful of software solutions with over 10,000 positive reviews. ActiveCampaign has also been named the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Learn more and start your free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
Perks and Benefits:
At ActiveCampaign, we prioritize employees’ well-being and professional growth by cultivating a culture centered on collaboration and innovation. When you join our team, you’ll not only have the opportunity to make a significant impact, but also enjoy a range of benefits tailored to support your personal and career development.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
-Comprehensive medical and dental benefits paid 100% by ActiveCampaign for you and your dependents
-Complimentary access to mental health resources through Calm and TELUS Health EAP
-Generous paid time off and leave of absence options
-Meal and transportation perks through a reloadable card
-Home office stipend to cover at-home workspace expenses
-Focus Wednesdays, where we dedicate one full day to no internal meetings and no interruptions
-Access to professional development resources through platforms like Hone and Udemy
-Baby swag for every baby born and/or adopted - we love to see our AC family grow!
-After five years of service, you’ll be eligible for a four-week paid sabbatical leave, accompanied by a sabbatical leave bonus
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow, and promote no matter of gender, race, ethnicity sexual orientation, marital status, political opinion, national origin, social origin, parentage, workers union membership, economic status, religion, age, health condition, disability or any other grounds protected by law.
For this position, a background check is required by ActiveCampaign, therefore, by submitting your information for this position you agree to approve if required the background check.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.