International Accounting Manager
Accounting & Finance
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
With continued international expansion, we are looking for a highly motivated Accounting Manager to own the accounting processes for our international entities. Reporting to the Senior Director of Accounting, in this role you will be responsible for managing relationships with third party firms and the internal accounting team to ensure financials for international entities are complete, accurate and in compliance with local and US GAAP requirements on a monthly basis.
What your day could consist of:
- Lead and oversee the month-end accounting close for our five international entities
- Validate month-end account balances through detailed review of account reconciliations and journal entries prepared by 3rd party providers or the internal accounting team
- Analyze income statement and balance sheet account fluctuations
- Review tax accruals to ensure accuracy with local laws and regulations
- Ownership of indirect and other various tax processes, including working with 3rd parties on assessments and other projects
- Oversee relationship with 3rd party provider to ensure SLAs are adhered to and month-end close and payment processing is completed timely and accurately
- Manage transfer pricing process, including calculation of monthly transfer pricing income and coordination of invoicing and payments between entities
- Manage international treasury, including banking relationships and review and approval of payments
- Ownership of statutory audits where required, including managing requests and communication with various external auditors
- Provide leading practice improvements to existing processes
- Serve as a subject matter expert and provide guidance to the business as new initiatives and projects arise
What is needed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, CPA or progress towards CPA strongly preferred
- 5+ years of accounting experience (combination of industry and public company experience a plus)
- Understanding of accounting for international entities, including transfer pricing and statutory requirements
- Knowledge of indirect and other tax areas
- Familiarity with month-end close processes
- Experience with a subscription-based/SaaS company preferred
- Ability to work cross functionally in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities, and adhere to tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with employees at all levels of the organization and manage relationships with external parties
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Excellent interpersonal skills, detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity
- Experience with Sage Intacct or other comparable ERP systems is preferred
ActiveCampaign helps small teams power big businesses with the must-have platform for intelligent marketing automation. Customers from over 170 countries depend on ActiveCampaign’s mix of pre-built automations and integrations (including Facebook, Google, WordPress, Salesforce, Shopify, and Square) to power personalized marketing, transactional emails, and one-to-one CRM interactions throughout the customer lifecycle.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
ActiveCampaign holds the highest customer satisfaction rating among Marketing Automation, E-Commerce Personalization, Landing Page Builders, and CRM solutions on G2.com and is one of only a handful of software solutions with over 10,000 positive reviews. ActiveCampaign has also been named the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Learn more and start your free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
-Comprehensive health and wellness benefits that includes a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) fully covered by ActiveCampaign, complimentary access to telehealth and tele-mental health resources, and a complimentary membership to Calm
-Open paid time off
-Generous 401(k) matching program with immediate vesting
-Quarterly Path Perks with options for commuter and lunch benefits (for those reporting to a Hub), or a remote home office stipend
-After five years of service, you’ll be eligible for a four-week paid sabbatical leave and a sabbatical leave bonus
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.