Brand Communications Intern
Marketing & Communications
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
ActiveCampaign is now hiring interns for Summer 2024! As part of our internship program, you will be a part of the journey we’re taking to invest in early in career talent. AC’s Early in Career programs create career pathways for students and career-transitioning individuals through internships, apprenticeships, and associate development programs. We’re investing in you for long-term career growth at ActiveCampaign.
The internship program will focus on mentorship, key learning outcomes, and professional development to prepare you for a career as a professional. You’ll be paired with a direct manager, and a mentor, and receive onboarding support to ensure your success for the summer.
Our Brand Communications intern will work with the Brand Marketing team to create and share ActiveCampaign messaging with our internal and external audiences. This person can expect to conceptualize and execute media pitches, write short and long-form content ranging from social media posts to contributed articles, and work across teams to gather necessary information. We are looking for someone with a strong interest in brand communications, a solid writing foundation, and who can take direction and act quickly. This person will be expected to work across all facets of brand marketing, including but not limited to: events support, swag and branding fulfillment, and influencer outreach.
What your day will consist of:
- Working closely with the head of brand communications in leading the communications strategy and execution, while staying aligned with the brand’s messaging and market needs.
- Working with the media and internal leaders for interview and commentary requests.
- Writing social media content in support of company articles and posting to our employee advocacy platform.
- Crafting contributed articles, quotes and commentary on behalf of thought leaders.
- Building relationships with target media and developing stories that tell the ActiveCampaign story to new audiences.
- Earning ActiveCampaign recognition both for being a best place to work and a great technology solution through new award submission opportunities.
- Identifying and submitting thought leaders for speaking engagements to demonstrate the incredible knowledge on the team.
- Supporting the events team with logistics, swag fulfillment and event staffing.
- Reaching out to influencers in our space with the goal of creating net-new partnerships.
- Supporting the rest of the marketing team with various campaigns to introduce the brand to new audiences.
What you will need:
- Pursuant of a 4-year degree program in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, English, or a related field.
- Demonstrates strong communication and writing skills and ability to tailor messaging to multiple audiences.
- Possesses an understanding of media relations, influencer relations, etc. to help the team create meaningful coverage and partnerships.
- Fosters creativity in how both internal and external communications can be presented to best serve our customers and employees.
- Demonstrates organization and the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Has an interest in the technology industry and a knack for storytelling.
- Has at least one term to complete following the Summer of ‘24. We are not considering recent graduates for this position.
Please note that as an intern, you will not be eligible for the benefits described below. However, there are several perks listed that are available as an intern.
ActiveCampaign helps small teams power big businesses with the must-have platform for intelligent marketing automation. Customers from over 170 countries depend on ActiveCampaign’s mix of pre-built automations and integrations (including Facebook, Google, WordPress, Salesforce, Shopify, and Square) to power personalized marketing, transactional emails, and one-to-one CRM interactions throughout the customer lifecycle.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
ActiveCampaign holds the highest customer satisfaction rating among Marketing Automation, E-Commerce Personalization, Landing Page Builders, and CRM solutions on G2.com and is one of only a handful of software solutions with over 10,000 positive reviews. ActiveCampaign has also been named the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Learn more and start your free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
-Comprehensive health and wellness benefits that includes a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) fully covered by ActiveCampaign, complimentary access to telehealth and tele-mental health resources, and a complimentary membership to Calm
-Open paid time off
-Generous 401(k) matching program with immediate vesting
-Quarterly Path Perks with options for commuter and lunch benefits (for those reporting to a Hub), or a remote home office stipend
-After five years of service, you’ll be eligible for a four-week paid sabbatical leave and a sabbatical leave bonus
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.