Senior Deliverability Specialist, Postmark
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
We're growing rapidly and need a Sr Deliverability Specialist to help manage our email deliverability processes as a vital part of the Customer Org.
This position will support Postmark, a cloud email infrastructure product that allows businesses to send and receive transactional and bulk emails from their applications. Customers can also use Postmark for their transactional emails within ActiveCampaign (our parent company). We aim to make email seamless, dependable, and easy for developers, product teams and marketers. Postmark customers have a range of backgrounds so you should be comfortable supporting non-technical users as well as highly experienced developers.
Today, the Postmark CS team includes 10 members who are distributed across several time zones while supporting the Postmark product. As our customer base grows, we’re specifically expanding the Deliverability team to ensure redundancy and coverage across time zones while ensuring our team has time for deep focus work.
High email deliverability is a core component of what sets Postmark apart as a service in the marketplace and in order to remain best-in class in this regard, we're looking to further invest in this crucial area of our product. You will educate and enable customers, work with Mailbox Providers, and drive innovation around email technology.
You will live and thrive at the intersection of business, technology, data, and the customer experience. The position requires a strong technical working knowledge of transactional email, broadcast/bulk email, and deliverability. This work involves remediating blocklists, identifying spam traps, working with Mailbox Providers to optimize sending rates and consulting with clients to make sure they send email using best practices.
The ability to explain complex concepts while supporting your position with well-reasoned analysis is vital. You will help develop documentation, blogs and help articles on strategies that improve both our clients and the Postmark customer-facing organizations. You'll partner with Customer Success, Support, Sales, Marketing, Product and Engineering to develop and integrate strategies that improve both our customers and our teams.
What your day would consist of:
- Respond to deliverability related support conversations and deliver expert escalation on specific customer issues via email in Help Scout, and scheduled zoom meetings.
- Conduct in-depth investigations, reviews, and audits into email sending practicesMonitor delivery metrics and create plans to improve inbox placement and IP reputation.
- Monitor outgoing sending queues to identify and resolve potential issues.
- Investigate bottlenecks reported by our backend systems and/or users.
- Analyze bounce logs, bounce responses, and trends to identify potential issues.
- Assist customers with blocks, blacklists, spam traps, and issues with Mailbox Providers, educate customers on best practices.
- Assist with high volume mail customers, warming up dedicated IPs and suggesting custom delivery configurations as needed.
- Send email tests via Postmark’s API and SMTP to resolve and investigate delivery issues Establish direct relationships with Mailbox Providers to keep up with industry updates and mitigate deliverability issues.
- Assist and consult with Support team on vetting new customers and account related suspensions.
- Maintain strong relationships with Customers, Product, Sales, Support and Success teams, share best practices and assist with training and knowledge sharing.
- Take an active role in thought leadership through writing knowledge base article documentation, blogs, articles.
- Participate in on-call rotation for Account Compliance using Pager Duty.
What is needed:
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in an analytic, data driven email deliverability role.
- Knowledge of EMEA (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), NA (North America), LATAM (Latin America) and APAC (Asia-Pacific) Mailbox Providers.
- Comprehensive understanding of CAN-SPAM, CASL, GDPR and other international email regulations.
- Thorough understanding of Mailbox Provider procedures (feedback loops, postmaster pages, etc.)
- Solid technical foundation: DNS, SPF, DKIM, and DMARC.
- Experience with compliance fraud or abuse investigations.
- Expertise with third-party tools: Elasticsearch / Kibana, Grafana, Validity, popular ISP postmaster sites.
- You are fluent in English and can demonstrate clear and concise written communication skills.
- Experience with mail server management a plus.
- For this position, a Background check is required by ActiveCampaign, therefore, by submitting your information for this position you agree to approve if required the background check
This is an exciting time to join ActiveCampaign as we build out our new office in Costa Rica. You will be a large part of developing our office culture in this new Central American hub location.
ActiveCampaign helps small teams power big businesses with the must-have platform for intelligent marketing automation. Customers from over 170 countries depend on ActiveCampaign’s mix of pre-built automations and integrations (including Facebook, Google, WordPress, Salesforce, Shopify, and Square) to power personalized marketing, transactional emails, and one-to-one CRM interactions throughout the customer lifecycle.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
ActiveCampaign holds the highest customer satisfaction rating among Marketing Automation, E-Commerce Personalization, Landing Page Builders, and CRM solutions on G2.com and is one of only a handful of software solutions with over 10,000 positive reviews. ActiveCampaign has also been named the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Learn more and start your free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
Perks and Benefits:
At ActiveCampaign, we prioritize employees’ well-being and professional growth by cultivating a culture centered on collaboration and innovation. When you join our team, you’ll not only have the opportunity to make a significant impact, but also enjoy a range of benefits tailored to support your personal and career development.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
-Comprehensive medical and dental benefits paid 100% by ActiveCampaign for you and your dependents
-Complimentary access to mental health resources through Calm and TELUS Health EAP
-Generous paid time off and leave of absence options
-Meal and transportation perks through a reloadable card
-Home office stipend to cover at-home workspace expenses
-Focus Wednesdays, where we dedicate one full day to no internal meetings and no interruptions
-Access to professional development resources through platforms like Hone and Udemy
-Baby swag for every baby born and/or adopted - we love to see our AC family grow!
-After five years of service, you’ll be eligible for a four-week paid sabbatical leave, accompanied by a sabbatical leave bonus
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow, and promote no matter of gender, race, ethnicity sexual orientation, marital status, political opinion, national origin, social origin, parentage, workers union membership, economic status, religion, age, health condition, disability or any other grounds protected by law.
For this position, a background check is required by ActiveCampaign, therefore, by submitting your information for this position you agree to approve if required the background check.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.