Administration, Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
We are seeking a Benefits Coordinator to play a vital role in ActiveCampaign's success, growth, and scalability. This position involves supporting the administration of global employee benefit programs, including health insurance, retirement/pension plans, and other employee perks.
The Benefits Coordinator will assist with new hire orientations, addressing employee inquiries, maintaining accurate records, reviewing and processing Workday tasks, participating in invoice reconciliation for benefits, auditing of benefit deductions, and ensuring compliance with laws and regulations.
The role requires collaboration with benefit vendors, People colleagues, and other departments to deliver benefits seamlessly. This position offers hands-on experience in benefits administration and contributes to the overall well-being of our employees. The Benefits Coordinator role is a hybrid position, necessitating weekly office reporting.
What your day could consist of:
- Partner with Sr. Manager of Global Benefits and Sr. Benefits Analyst to administer the global benefits programs.
- Assist with the administration of various global employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 401(k)/pension, and wellness benefits.
- Maintain employee benefits filing systems and ensure benefit changes are processed appropriately in Workday for coverage and payroll deductions.
- Effectively triage and respond to JIRA tickets related to benefits, ensuring a streamlined workflow.
- Utilize JIRA to address Tier 1 tickets promptly, providing excellent customer service to employees seeking assistance.
- Partner with the vendor representative responsible for the specific benefit program or service in question to resolve Tier 1 vendor escalations.
- Assist with benefit orientations and explain benefits self-enrollment system.
- Perform bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly end-to-end benefit reconciliations for all lines of coverage, calculate retro-adjustments for premiums, vendor adjustments/credits, and HRIS benefit premium collection.
- Administer recurring and ad-hoc audits to ensure accurate processing of benefit elections, carrier interfaces, payroll files, etc.
- Help identify and troubleshoot process breakdowns, revise department Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and communicate process changes to the teamParticipates in meetings, updating systems and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Support the annual open enrollment process by providing information to employees, assisting with benefit selections, and coordinating enrollment events.
- Support relationships with vendors, brokers and internal stakeholders.
- Responsibilities include handling miscellaneous administrative tasks, assisting in data entry, and providing general support to ensure the smooth functioning of benefits operations
What is needed:
- High school diploma or a General Education Diploma (GED) and 2 years of experience in employee benefits administration, HR, or a related role.
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits, invoice reconciliation, reporting, payroll deductions, and the employee experience.
- Knowledgeable in ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, ACA, Section 125, IRS, COBRA and other regulatory requirements.
- Data analysis experience is preferred.
- Vendor management experience is a plus.
- Global benefit experience (AMER, EMEA, LATAM) is a plus.
- 1+ years of Workday experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of system-based platforms such as JIRA (automating ticketing system) is a plus.
- Advanced skill set in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, VLookups); proficient in the rest of the MS Office Suite, Google Suite, and general computer use.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service and organizational skills.
- High level of professional maturity, integrity, and discretion in the handling of confidential information.
- Must be a team player with strong attention to detail and able to work independently.
- Proven track record at delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, mathematical skills, and sound judgment.
- Strong business acumen and ability to interface with internal and external stakeholders
- For this position, a Background check is required by ActiveCampaign, therefore, by submitting your information for this position you agree to approve if required the background check
The Ideal Candidate will have the following:
This is an exciting time to join ActiveCampaign as we build out our new office in Costa Rica. You will be a large part of developing our office culture in this new Central American hub location.
ActiveCampaign helps small teams power big businesses with the must-have platform for intelligent marketing automation. Customers from over 170 countries depend on ActiveCampaign’s mix of pre-built automations and integrations (including Facebook, Google, WordPress, Salesforce, Shopify, and Square) to power personalized marketing, transactional emails, and one-to-one CRM interactions throughout the customer lifecycle.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
ActiveCampaign holds the highest customer satisfaction rating among Marketing Automation, E-Commerce Personalization, Landing Page Builders, and CRM solutions on G2.com and is one of only a handful of software solutions with over 10,000 positive reviews. ActiveCampaign has also been named the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Learn more and start your free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
Perks and Benefits:
At ActiveCampaign, we prioritize employees’ well-being and professional growth by cultivating a culture centered on collaboration and innovation. When you join our team, you’ll not only have the opportunity to make a significant impact, but also enjoy a range of benefits tailored to support your personal and career development.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
-Comprehensive medical and dental benefits paid 100% by ActiveCampaign for you and your dependents
-Complimentary access to mental health resources through Calm and TELUS Health EAP
-Generous paid time off and leave of absence options
-Meal and transportation perks through a reloadable card
-Home office stipend to cover at-home workspace expenses
-Focus Wednesdays, where we dedicate one full day to no internal meetings and no interruptions
-Access to professional development resources through platforms like Hone and Udemy
-Baby swag for every baby born and/or adopted - we love to see our AC family grow!
-After five years of service, you’ll be eligible for a four-week paid sabbatical leave, accompanied by a sabbatical leave bonus
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow, and promote no matter of gender, race, ethnicity sexual orientation, marital status, political opinion, national origin, social origin, parentage, workers union membership, economic status, religion, age, health condition, disability or any other grounds protected by law.
For this position, a background check is required by ActiveCampaign, therefore, by submitting your information for this position you agree to approve if required the background check.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.