Site Leader, Engineering Director
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2024
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Director to provide technical expertise and people leadership to lead full-stack development for our newly created engineering hub in Poland. This leader will be responsible for forming a new team experienced in scaling products and creating compelling end-user applications. Additionally, you will serve as our local Site Leader, ensuring a seamless blend of our company culture with local influences. You will be responsible for budget planning, resource allocation, team building and talent retention.
What your day could consist of:
- Site Leadership: Be the face of ActiveCampaign's Poland hub, maintaining a strong local presence. Drive initiatives to integrate company culture, fostering a sense of unity and global community. Ensure that the local site operations are aligned to company objectives and initiatives. Additional Site Lead responsibilities include:
- Foster strong relationships with local partners, government entities, and industry stakeholders while serving as the primary point of contact for legal and entity-related matters. Additionally, proactively identify and mitigate potential market risks and challenges.
- Work with local site council team members in finance and HR to identify challenges and opportunities. Communicate those transparently and effectively with corporate team members.
- Champion and model the values of the organization, ensuring a welcoming culture that values diverse ideas and is inclusive of everyone.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all site-related matters.
- Advocate for the region and the regional team while maintaining a global perspective
- Build and Lead the Team: You will partner with our local recruiters to attract top talent to the team, interview, onboard and lead new engineering managers and their team members. You will be responsible for ensuring the team is operating with a high level of quality and productivity, and set and manage performance expectations.
- Software Estimation and Execution: Partnering closely with product, you will be responsible for ensuring that your teams are creating well thought out plans to execute with quality against the roadmap, and that milestones are frequently met, risks are tracked and mitigated, and communications are clear and accurate.
- Cross functional collaboration: You will work closely with peers throughout our global locations, both from within the technology and product organization, and with various other functions such as support, finance, design and operations to ensure our customers are having the best possible experience.
What is needed:
- 10+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 10 years with an advanced degree. In lieu of a degree, 15+ years of relevant experience may suffice.
- 8+ years of leading high performing engineering teams.
- Fluency in English and Polish required - both written and verbal.
- Extensive experience working in a global company, with team members across geographic and time zone boundaries.
- Demonstrated prior experience with software engineering and design principles, team productivity metrics, SLO/SLI management, and a proven ability to scale, secure, and optimize systems for security, quality, cost and privacy concerns.
- Excellent collaboration, communication and leadership skills. Can effectively lead a project and work cross-functionally with other organizations.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and work directly with both customers and team members to ensure projects are successfully completed.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership in an operationally intense SaaS platform that demands near 100% uptime.
- Experience leading diverse teams proficient in diverse programming languages in complex AWS environments. Ideally hands-on experience with one of the following languages: React, PHP, Java, Python.
- Detail oriented, clear communicator able to motivate team members.
- Experience with high volume transactional relational databases, preferably MySQL and Postgres.
- Preferentially, hands-on experience with SQS and Kafka.
This is an exciting time to join ActiveCampaign as we build out our new office in Poland. You will be a large part of developing our office culture in this new Krakow hub location.
ActiveCampaign helps small teams power big businesses with the must-have platform for intelligent marketing automation. Customers from over 170 countries depend on ActiveCampaign’s mix of pre-built automations and integrations (including Facebook, Google, WordPress, Salesforce, Shopify, and Square) to power personalized marketing, transactional emails, and one-to-one CRM interactions throughout the customer lifecycle.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
ActiveCampaign holds the highest customer satisfaction rating among Marketing Automation, E-Commerce Personalization, Landing Page Builders, and CRM solutions onG2.com and is one of only a handful of software solutions with over 10,000 positive reviews. ActiveCampaign has also been named the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Learn more and start your free trial atActiveCampaign.com.
Perks and Benefits:
You will enjoy and be eligible for ActiveCampaign’s suite of benefits and perks.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow, and promote no matter of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, political opinion, national origin, social origin, parentage, workers union membership, economic status, religion, age, health condition, disability or any other grounds protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.