VP, Sales Operations
Sales & Business Development, Operations
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Reporting to the CFO, the VP of Sales Operations will oversee ActiveCampaign’s business functions including forecasting and planning, compensation strategy, staffing capacity management, coverage models, process improvements and performance analysis.
In this role, you will have an impact on the efficiency and productivity of the overall go-to-market organization, streamlining business initiatives, driving program management, providing analytics and communicating cross-functional objectives.
What your day could consist of:
- Partner with ActiveCampaign’s leaders to develop and execute the GTM strategy to drive revenue growth of Direct and Partner Business in new business, expansion, retention and productivity in addition to optimization of operations for the GTM teams
- Collaborate with senior leaders to ensure revenue growth teams alignment from an organizational perspective with a focus on driving near-term results
- Oversee strategic planning and operational forecasting based on identified areas of growth
- Drive a culture of experimentation within GTM teams and build a test-and-learn roadmap to helps to test, validate, and refine new growth and productivity strategies
- Partner and develop capacity and planning management of GTM teams for successful execution on growth initiatives
- Partner with GTM leaders on compensation and incentive plans to support the growth strategyPartner with the life Lifecycle and Customer activation teams to determine full funnel conversation analytics within ActiveCampaign's customer self sign up business
- Work with leaders to understand outcomes from activation and conversation improvement strategies.
- Evaluate sales processes and identify opportunities for improvements; partner closely with functional teams to identify tooling and capability needs and work to prioritize and champion those needs with cross-functional partners
- Design Sales Operations team to develop and grow GTM teams that exceptional impact in partnership across all business functions
What is needed:
- 10+ years of experience and proven success in go-to-market strategy and operations roles across the revenue funnel in SaaS environments
- At least 5+ years of sales target planning and compensation design
- Demonstrated leadership in building diverse, cross functional and high performing teams while delivering results
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, finance, business, mathematics or similar discipline In-depth understanding of sales processes, sales reporting including sales forecasting, territory planning, management and incentive compensation
- Ability to translate business objectives to actionable and measurable strategies
- Demonstrated strategic and impactful executive leadership in highly collaborative, ever changing environments
- Preference for candidates local to the Chicagoland area
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 185,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 925+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 185,000 today to millions. We have been ranked in Best Places to Work on Built In Chicago in 2023, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
-Comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, telehealth and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation)
-Open paid time off
-Generous 401(k) matching with no vesting
-Generous stipend to outfit your remote office
-Access to life coaches via Modern Health
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.