Business Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
We are seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to become a vital member of our team at ActiveCampaign. The primary role of our BDR team is to conduct outbound prospecting and generate opportunities, which are then handed over to a dedicated Account Executive. We're in search of a candidate who possesses not only a creative and entrepreneurial spirit but also approaches challenges with a solution-oriented mindset. As we are in the process of expanding our outbound program, we value individuals who can contribute innovative ideas to propel us ahead.
What your day could consist of:
- Innovative Thinking: We encourage you to consistently explore new approaches and ideas every week
- Collaboration: Work closely with leadership and your designated Account Executive (AE) to pinpoint and pursue high-potential accounts
- Strategic Vision: Adopt a long-term strategy when engaging with accounts, ensuring meaningful conversations that stem from a curated list of businesses
- Proactiveness: Don't be afraid to pick up the phone. Some of our most significant achievements have originated from a single cold call
- Efficient Time Management: Organise your daily tasks effectively, categorising them under "jobs to be done"
- Prospect Engagement: Conduct discovery calls with potential customers to discern their business needs and validate opportunities.
- Sales Cycle Mastery: Collaborate seamlessly with your AE, comprehending the nuances of the sales journey
- Continuous Growth: Dedicate weekly time to enhance your knowledge about our platform, marketing strategies, and the principal sectors within your allocated business portfolio.
What we're looking for:
- 1+ years of experience in outbound selling, preferably in SaaS.
- Knowledge of the email & online marketing space.
- Ability to proactively make a significant number of emails & phone calls per day.
- Self-motivated and driven attitude where you will work towards achieving new goals.
- Excellent communication skills & the ability to relate to others.
- Ability to strategise with colleagues and work collaboratively.
- Willingness to collaborate with others.
- Highly coachable, eager to learn and grow.
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 185,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 925+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 185,000 today to millions. We have been ranked in Best Places to Work on Built In Chicago in 2023, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
-Comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, telehealth and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation)
-Open paid time off
-Generous stipend to outfit your remote office
-Access to life coaches via Modern Health
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.