Accounts Receivable Specialist
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2023
We are seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Accounts Receivable Coordinator to join our accounting team. This role will work directly with our customers, billing, sales, and finance teams to coordinate invoicing and collection of customer payments. This role requires an understanding of financial processes, exceptional communication skills, and a proactive approach to resolving payment issues. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, a great communicator, and enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
What your day could consist of:
- Processing regular invoice requests and ensuring client accounts are activated in a timely manner.
- Collaborating with sales, legal, and accounting teams to coordinate and resolve invoicing and collection matters
- Reviewing and analyzing accounts receivable aging reports to prioritize collection efforts and follow up on overdue accounts.
- Assisting in the monthly billing process by ensuring timely and accurate invoicing to customers
- Ensure accuracy of sales tax charged to customers and assist in regular sales tax filings
- Provide exceptional customer service, address client concerns, and ensure a positive overall experience while effectively managing collections activities.
- Work independently and with management to improve collections processes and analyze the current state of business
What is needed:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (Accounting, Finance, Business, Mathematics) or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Zendesk, Sage Intacct (or equivalent ERP), or Avalara a plus
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel
- SaaS industry experience a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvements in reporting and to manage multiple projects that promote system improvements and efficiencies.
- Possesses determination and perseverance; ability to find more efficient ways to complete responsibilities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must live local to the Chicago area
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 185,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 925+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 185,000 today to millions. We have been ranked in Best Places to Work on Built In Chicago in 2023, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
-Comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, telehealth and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation)
-Open paid time off
-Generous 401(k) matching with no vesting
-Generous stipend to outfit your remote office
-Access to life coaches via Modern Health
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.