Senior Outbound Account Executive
Sales & Business Development
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2023
We are seeking a Senior Outbound Account Executive (OAE) to become a vital member of our team at ActiveCampaign. Our business has been predominantly inbound driven up to this point and we’re in the process of building a successful and scalable outbound engine. We're in search of a candidate who possesses not only a creative and entrepreneurial spirit but also approaches challenges with a solution-oriented mindset. As we continue to grow our outbound program, we highly appreciate individuals who can bring forth innovative ideas to drive us forward.
The primary role of our OAE team is to close won outbound sourced opportunities, conduct outbound prospecting, generate opportunities and be a team player.
This job will require a hybrid work schedule and will have an expectation of days in the office. You must live within a commutable distance of our office located at 1 N Dearborn St 5th floor, Chicago, IL 60602
What your day could consist of:
- Managing a book of business made up of core ICP accounts. This could include activities such as account tiering - being able to strategically understand a business and if they are a good fit our platform
- Self sourcing high fit accounts that aligns to our value proposition
- Establishing a strong working relationship with your BDR
- Daily prospecting to build net new business pipeline - the more creative, the better!
- Deep discovery - getting to problem/impact/solution (Sandler methodology)
- Managing the full sales cycle of the deal - partnering with internal stakeholders to embrace a team selling mindset
- Daily collaboration with team “win as one”
- Weekly idea sharing - what have we tried differently this week and what was the result of that change
What we're looking for:
- 4-6 years of quota carrying experience in a SaaS solution selling environment - ideally the majority quota attainment was outbound sourced pipeline
- Experience selling into the Mid-Market/Commercial segment
- Familiarity with Sandler methodology
- Preferably worked with a book of business approach to outbound selling
- Self-motivated, go getter mentality and driven attitude where you will work towards achieving new goals
- Knowledge of the email & online marketing space preferred
- Proven consultative sales solution skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
- Excellent communication skills & the ability to relate to others
- Highly coachable, eager to learn and grow
ActiveCampaign helps small teams power big businesses with the must-have platform for intelligent marketing automation. Customers from over 170 countries depend on ActiveCampaign’s mix of pre-built automations and integrations (including Facebook, Google, WordPress, Salesforce, Shopify, and Square) to power personalized marketing, transactional emails, and one-to-one CRM interactions throughout the customer lifecycle.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
ActiveCampaign holds the highest customer satisfaction rating among Marketing Automation, E-Commerce Personalization, Landing Page Builders, and CRM solutions on G2.com and is one of only a handful of software solutions with over 10,000 positive reviews. ActiveCampaign has also been named the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Learn more and start your free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
-Comprehensive health and wellness benefits that includes a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) fully covered by ActiveCampaign, complimentary access to telehealth and tele-mental health resources, and a complimentary membership to Calm
-Open paid time off
-Generous 401(k) matching program with immediate vesting
-Quarterly Path Perks with options for commuter and lunch benefits (for those reporting to a Hub), or a remote home office stipend
-After five years of service, you’ll be eligible for a four-week paid sabbatical leave and a sabbatical leave bonus
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.