Senior Commissions Analyst
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
The Senior Commissions Analyst will be responsible for the commissions payouts for our Go To Market teams, including Marketing, Sales, Support, Success. Using the Xactly Commissions tool, the Senior Commissions Analyst will partner with Finance, HR, & Business Intelligence for a seamless payout process and commission analyses. This role collaborates with leadership across the organization to make scalable decisions and own the monthly commission calculations end-to-end.
What your day can consist of:
- Develop, maintain, and update Xactly commissions tool as necessary
- Coordinate cross-functionally as a project manager to implement changes to commission structures
- Prepare, calculate, and analyze the monthly commissions payout in accordance to monthly/quarterly cadence
- Distribute and track completeness of commission plan sign-off to ensure compliance with company policies
- Support the Accounting team in preparation of monthly accruals and reconciliations for commissions accounting
- Serve as main contact for all commissions related questions and provide answers to the sales and sales management teams via Jira ticketing system
- Ad hoc modeling; model impact of change in commission structure for our GTM teams
- Create reporting provided to Finance and internal teams
- Own process and systems improvements related to commissions process and lead User Acceptance Testing for annual commission plan changes
- Work directly with front line Managers, Directors, and Executive level customers to resolve commission related issues
- Own creating new sales program incentive funds and managing the roll out of the programs
- Create training materials for our Sales, Agency, and Success teams
- Help coach more junior employees on where we can find efficiencies and consolidate processes across the GTM teams
- Own weekly update meetings cross-functionally on health of commissions plans
- Help create commissions reporting packages to our VPs on health of commissions plans
- Own clean up and maintenance of Sales crediting policies in partnership with Sr. Manager + team
What is needed:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of experience in a finance, sales operations or commissions-related role
- Prior experience with Xactly and Workday is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of SaaS incentive plan structures (OTE, SPIFFs, Accelerators, etc.) is preferred
- Deal effectively with ambiguities and be able to manage multiple projects through completion, often under tight deadlines, with frequently changing priorities
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Expert spreadsheet creator
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 185,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 925+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 185,000 today to millions. We have been ranked in Best Places to Work on Built In Chicago in 2023, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
-Comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, telehealth and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation)
-Open paid time off
-Generous 401(k) matching with no vesting
-Generous stipend to outfit your remote office
-Access to life coaches via Modern Health
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.