Sales Operations Manager
Sales & Business Development, Operations
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales Operations, the Sales Operations Manager will be part of our Operations Team and will be responsible for providing broad operational day-to-day support for Sales. You will work with Finance, HR, and Sales to support the account assignments, deal desk, incentive programs and compensation operations. You will oversee a team of two and be the primary liaison between Sales and Operations.
What your day could consist of:
- Build, modify, and execute compensation plans pursuant to guidance from Sales and Ops leadership
- Monitor compliance with sales procedures, including deal routing, packaging, and discounting
- Maintain regular check-ins with Sales Management and others and identify any problems for internal review and problem solving
- Adjudicate conflicts, misunderstandings, and proposed exemptions related to variable compensation or operation procedures
- Act as a liaison for Sales to the rest of the business when issues arise
- Oversee deal desk function and management of standard operating procedures for our GTM teams
- Document and enable the salesforce on any changes to compensation or operation procedures
- Manage and support cross-functional initiatives serving as the liaison between Sales and other key partner teams: Marketing, Product, Finance
- Support the sales and other commission based teams with process improvement, measurement, tracking and analytics relevant to their functional areas
- Enhance sales productivity by enabling the team to work smarter by simplifying processes
- Maintain procurement and contract records for Sales
- Formalize, document, and own communications of Sales Policies
What is needed:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of experience in sales operations or operations role
- 2+ years of people management experience
- SQL experience preferred
- Xactly experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of SaaS incentive plan structures (OTE, SPIFFs, Accelerators, etc.) is preferred
- Experience dealing effectively with ambiguities and ability to manage multiple projects through completion, often under tight deadlines, with frequently changing priorities
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Expert spreadsheet creation
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 185,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 925+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 185,000 today to millions. We have been ranked in Best Places to Work on Built In Chicago in 2023, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
-Comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, telehealth and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation)
-Open paid time off
-Generous 401(k) matching with no vesting
-Generous stipend to outfit your remote office
-Access to life coaches via Modern Health
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.