Partner Acquisition Manager (Partner Outbound Sales)
Sales & Business Development
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
We are seeking an ambitious and experienced Partner Acquisition Manager that will be responsible for the full partner recruitment cycle from pipeline generation with a focus on acquiring net new reseller partners of scale. The successful candidate will be responsible for finding, converting and activating new promising partners for ActiveCampaign. This candidate will exhibit advanced wide-ranging experience in the Partner industry, using in-depth professional knowledge, acumen, concepts and company objectives to develop, resolve complex models and procedures.
What your day could consist of:
- Research the market in the designated territory to identify target companies who would be interesting to partner wit
- Filter coverage and/or potential through key demographics such as size (number of employees, number of customers in the install base, earnings per year, size in the program of a given competitor)
- Establish and develop contact with interesting potential partners which could include Agencies, Consultants, IT Resellers, VAR’s, software and white-label companies
- Use business acumen to discuss joint offers and joint opportunities, develop a joint GTM strategy and plan the execution
- Convert potential partners to our Partner Programs (contract signed)
- Set up the new partners to successfully grow, pushing them through the Onboarding process, the certified consultant program, helping them to navigate and sell using the panel and the dashboard, coaching them commercially
- Be the liaison between the Partner and AC, working as a connecting hub - engaging the key internal people and teams to handle the Partners' needs to succeed (Customer Org, Engineering, Marketing etc)
- Drive the activation motion with the partners in a 6 month window
- Transition aligned tiered accounts upon close of activation cycle to Partner Growth team or Partner Community and Advocacy team
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to enhance and develop processes related to partner acquisition
- Provide clarity around pipeline evolution based on activities, and generate accurate business forecasting from acquired partners
What is needed:
- 6+ years of solution sales experience managing complex sales-cycles with demonstrated ownership of territory and account management, preferably within SaaS
- Experience with self generation of pipeline through to closed won business
- Strong time management skills and successful execution
- Positive attitude and willingness to try new things, strong work ethic and self motivation
- Ability to align technology solutions to complex, multi-stakeholder business problems and utilize strategic thinking skills to solve customer problems
- Track record of consistent over-achievement of quotas & revenue goals
- Passion for building long lasting customer relationships and working cross-functionally within a diverse team to deliver outstanding results
- Strong business acumen demonstrated in written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and build new programs and processes
- Highly coachable and keen sense of self awareness
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 185,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 925+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 185,000 today to millions. We have been ranked in Best Places to Work on Built In Chicago in 2023, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
-Comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, telehealth and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation)
-Open paid time off
-Generous 401(k) matching with no vesting
-Generous stipend to outfit your remote office
-Access to life coaches via Modern Health
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.