Global Payroll Manager
Accounting & Finance
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
We are looking for a Global Payroll Manager to join the ActiveCampaign Finance team. The candidate selected will oversee the payroll processes across the globe and ensure all employees are paid timely, accurately and in accordance with local laws and regulations. ActiveCampaign provides multi-location, multi-state payroll support in four regions including the United States, APAC, EMEA, and LATAM. The Company continues to grow in locations and headcount. Along with ensuring payroll is paid promptly, this candidate will work closely with other departments to optimize processes.
What your day could consist of:
- Overall responsibility for the management of payroll processing for five countries
- Lead, coach and develop team of two payroll specialists
- Manage relationships with external providers to ensure international payrolls are processed timely and accurately
- Work closely with Human Resources, Employee Benefits and Revenue Operations to ensure proper workflows are in place related to the payroll process
- Ensure employee inquiries are answered in a timely manner
- Manage regulatory filings, payroll tax filings and year-end payroll reporting for the various countries, including the W-2 process in the United States
- Liaise with the Accounting team on proper paycode mapping and cash flow forecasting
- Review current workflows to identify process automation and improvement opportunities
- Assist in annual corporate audit and special projects as needed
What is needed:
- Self motivated individual with 8-10 years of multi-location, multi-state payroll experience, preferably in Tech/SaaS industry
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing/coaching a team
- Experience with Workday Payroll is preferred
- Understanding of US bi-weekly payroll for exempt and non-exempt employees
- Experience with international payroll, specifically working with external payroll providers
- Strong knowledge of payroll tax rules and regulations in multiple US jurisdictions and related required filings
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Strong organization, customer service and time management skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google Suite systems
- General knowledge of Accounting
- Certified Payroll Professional or a Fundamental Payroll Certification strongly preferred
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 185,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 850+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 185,000 today to millions. We have been ranked in Best Places to Work on Built In Chicago in 2023, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
-Comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, telehealth and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation)
-Open paid time off
-Generous 401(k) matching with no vesting
-Generous stipend to outfit your remote office
-Access to life coaches via Modern Health
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
See more open positions at ActiveCampaign
Something looks off?