Back-End Software Engineer, Analytics
Software Engineering, Data Science
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
Our Reporting Insights team empowers our customers to make data-driven decisions. As a Back-End Software Engineer on the team, you will have the opportunity to build multi-threaded web services at scale while working with a challenging mix of Java, J2EE, Spring, Microservices, Python, Hibernate.
What your day will consist of
- Produce quality, tested code, and advocate for coding standards and best practices.
- Troubleshoot and debug large scale systems (user base of 150K+).
- Validate designs by building performance and load testing tools.
- Measure, optimize and re-architect production systems.
- Work cross-functionally to develop services and APIs that enable feature work across our engineering organization.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Support legacy and modern services and applications in the public cloud and deploy them through CI/CD practices.
Our Technical Environment
- Containerization Tools: Docker and Kubernetes
- Cloud Data Platforms: snowflake, data bricks, parquet/avro formats
- Databases: SQL, NoSQL
- Package Managers: yarn, webpack, lerna Spring Framework: Spring integration/bean, bootstrap, MVC
- Communication Protocol: HTTP, FTP, SFTP, JMS
- Big Data Tools: Kafka, Spark, airflow, Hadoop, Hbase, Hive
What is Needed
- 3+ years of software engineering experience within an Agile development environment.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience in a software engineering role.
- Analytics experience: building dashboards, charts and libraries with data. Experience building and debugging complex systems with an ability to humanize complicated designs.
- Experience creating test plans, writing automated test suites and implementing automated test frameworks.
- Ability to participate in the team’s on-call rotation as a service owner.
- Relentless focus on our customer’s experience and attention to detail.
- Strong English communication skills (written & verbal).
This is an exciting time to join ActiveCampaign as we build out our new office in Costa Rica. You will be a large part of developing our office culture in this new Central American hub location.
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 185,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 850+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 185,000 today to millions. We have been ranked in Best Places to Work on Built In Chicago in 2023, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
See more open positions at ActiveCampaign
Something looks off?