Senior Software Engineer, Campaigns
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
We are currently seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our Campaigns/Sending Reliability team. Our ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a high growth environment with rapidly evolving needs. This individual will engineer solutions for existing problems in our defects queue as an initial focus, with a ramp up to building new features and capabilities for our services in the long term.
What your day could consist of:
- Supporting legacy and modern services and applications in the public cloud.
- Working through our defect backlog based on priority and scope of issues.
- Adding unit and functional tests to prevent regressions.
- Fielding questions/code review requests from other engineering teams, product and other parts of the company.
- Debugging and/or correction of failed automated tests in the CI/CD pipeline.
- Developing and deploying SaaS systems using REST APIs, micro-services on Kubernetes, and integrations with 3rd party software.
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams to plan and implement upcoming features.
- Participation in team ceremonies, such as planning, retros, and daily stand-ups.
- Engaging in pairing and code reviews.
- Participation in the on-call rotation for incidents.
What is needed:
- 4+ years of work experience in a software engineering role.
- Familiarity with distributed version control systems (ex. Git) and continuous integration. Experience with Gitlab is a plus.
- Experience with databases in a production environment. Our data stores include MySQL, Postgres, DocumentDB, and DynamoDB.
- Familiarity with Kafka is a plus.
- Familiarity with AWS is a plus.
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 185,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 850+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 185,000 today to millions. We have been ranked in Best Places to Work on Built In Chicago in 2023, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
-Comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, telehealth and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation)
-Open paid time off
-Generous 401(k) matching with no vesting
-Generous stipend to outfit your remote office
-Access to life coaches via Modern Health
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
See more open positions at ActiveCampaign
Something looks off?