Senior Full-Stack Engineer, Postmark
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
We’re seeking a self-motivated Senior Software Engineer to develop and maintain our Postmark web application. This is an exciting opportunity for customer-focused software developers who enjoy working with Ruby on Rails and have a passion for clean code and continuous delivery. Join our collaborative team and be a part of our fulfilling work environment!
What your day could consist of:
- Maintain and add features to the Postmark web application codebase
- Release your changes to production
- Participate in code review processes
- Troubleshoot production issues
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Create project plans and provide feedback to coworkers’ plans and designs
- Recognize improvement opportunities and advocate for them with your team
- Set clear expectations around your work, breaking down large tasks into smaller tasks and communicating that to your teammates
- The Postmark web application is a Ruby on Rails monolith
- MySQL and ElasticSearch databases
- Some parts of the application interact with RabbitMQ/Kafka/SQS
- We deploy to AWS and rely on CircleCI and Jenkins for CI/CD
- Terraform is used to declare infrastructure
What is needed:
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Deep understanding of Ruby on Rails
- Ability to work outside of standard business hours for on-call rotation
- CSS, HTML, Docker and Linux
- Experience managing production applications
- Email-specific topics such as SMTP, SPF, DKIM, or DMARC a plus
- Tools and workflows that support Twelve-Factor app principles
- Various deployment architecture paradigms, such as zero downtime, canary deployments, and CI/CD pipelines
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 185,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 850+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 185,000 today to millions. We have been ranked in Best Places to Work on Built In Chicago in 2023, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
-Comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, telehealth and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation)
-Open paid time off
-Generous 401(k) matching with no vesting
-Generous stipend to outfit your remote office
-Access to life coaches via Modern Health
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
See more open positions at ActiveCampaign
Something looks off?