Software Engineer, Customer Centric Engineering
Software Engineering, Customer Service
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
As a Software Engineer on our Customer Centric Engineering team, you will be working directly with our most relevant internal groups to drive change that enhances the customer experience. You will play a critical role in our commitment to quickly address issues that arise for our high-value customers and our Agency and Partner programs. You will be responsible for collaborating with Product Support Specialists to improve their knowledge. As an interlink between Technical Support, Site Reliability, and our Product teams you will build and maintain internal custom tools that enhance the efficiency of support operations.
What your day will consist of
- Produce quality, tested code, and advocate for coding standards and best practices.
- Troubleshoot and debug large scale systems (user base of 50K+).
- Validate designs by building performance and load testing tools.
- Measure, optimize and re-architect production systems.
- Work cross-functionally to design services and APIs that enable feature work across our engineering organization.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Document architectural technical decisions.
- Support legacy and modern services and applications in the public cloud and deploy them through CI/CD practices.
- Object-oriented languages including: PHP, Python, Java, Go
- Data stores including: MySQL DB, DynamoDB and DocumentDB
- Develop SaaS systems using REST APIs, micro-services on Kubernetes, and integrations with 3rd party software
- Tooling including: Gitlab, Vault, and Jira
- Other services including: Kafka and AWS services
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Technical degree or related experience in a software engineering role
- Proficient working ability in 1-2 of the languages and technologies listed in the Technical environment section
- Interest and experience in mentoring junior engineers
- Experience creating test plans, writing automated test suites, or implementing an automated test framework
- Proficiency in a given technology, domain, or system, to the point of independent delivery
- Experience working in an Agile development environmentAbility to participate in the team’s on-call rotation as a service owner
This is an exciting time to join ActiveCampaign as we build out our new office in Costa Rica. You will be a large part of developing our office culture in this new Central American hub location.
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 185,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 850+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 185,000 today to millions. We have been ranked in Best Places to Work on Built In Chicago in 2023, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
See more open positions at ActiveCampaign
Something looks off?