Software Engineer, Marketing Products
Marketing & Communications, Software Engineering
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2023
At ActiveCampaign, Software Engineers work as part of a cross-functional product team in designing, implementing, and maintaining ActiveCampaign’s software product. In this role, you will collaborate with the team to perform full-stack engineering, design and build new features and capabilities, and solve technical problems.
Our Marketing Product Line (MPL) teams are responsible for developing and maintaining our Campaigns, SMS, Pages, and Forms products. This role will initially be focused on Campaigns, specifically on our email content creation and management systems, but will have the opportunity to learn about and work on our other products over time. Our customers send billions of marketing emails per month, so your work will have a major and visible impact on their businesses.
What your day could consist of:
- Produce quality, tested code, and advocate for coding standards and best practices.
- Troubleshoot and debug large scale systems (user base of 50K+).
- Validate designs by building performance and load testing tools.
- Measure, optimize and re-architect production systems.
- Work cross-functionally to design services and APIs that enable feature work across our engineering organization.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Document architectural technical decisions.
- Support legacy and modern services and applications in the public cloud and deploy them through CI/CD practices.
- Object-oriented languages and frameworks including: PHP, Java, and SpringBoot
- Data stores including: MySQL DB, Postgres, DynamoDB and DocumentDB
- Develop SaaS systems using REST APIs, micro-services on Kubernetes, and integrations with 3rd party software
- Tooling including: Gitlab, Vault, and Jira
- Other services including: Kafka and AWS services
What is needed:
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Technical degree or related experience in a software engineering role
- Proficient working ability in 1-2 of the languages and technologies listed in the Technical environment section
- Prior experience leading a project from concept to completion
- Interest and experience in mentoring junior engineers
- Experience creating test plans, writing automated test suites or implement an automated test framework
- Subject matter expertise on a given technology, domain or system
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Ability to participate in the team’s on-call rotation as a service owner
This is an exciting time to join ActiveCampaign as we build out our new office in Costa Rica. You will be a large part of developing our office culture in this new Central American hub location.
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 185,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 850+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 185,000 today to millions. We have been ranked in Best Places to Work on Built In Chicago in 2023, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
See more open positions at ActiveCampaign
Something looks off?